- You can only delete a WhatsApp group that you created yourself or that you are the admin of.
- WhatsApp groups are a great way to loop a number of people into one conversation, making it easy to share plans, photos, and chat.
- Deleting a WhatsApp group requires you to remove each member one-by-one, and then exit the group yourself.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
WhatsApp is all about bringing people together, and there’s no better way to do that than by creating a WhatsApp group. WhatsApp groups make it easy for you to exchange group messages, swap photos, lock in plans, and communicate important information regarding your workplace, school, or community.
But as with all things in life, sometimes there comes a time for a WhatsApp group to go away. Deleting a WhatsApp app group is a multi-step process, but unless it’s a massive group, it’s not that complicated or time consuming.
Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to delete a WhatsApp group
2. Tap the word “Group” at the top of the screen.
3. Scroll down and tap on a name in the group, then tap “Remove from Group” then “Remove” to confirm.
4. Repeat the same removal steps with each group member.
5. Once all members have been removed, choose “Exit Group” yourself.
6. You will now see the option to “Delete Group.” Tap it, then confirm it.