Check out how you can mirror an Android device to a PC or laptop.
Screen mirroring is when or screen sharing is when you display your android device on any other device, it is a great way to share photos, videos or games with a room of people. In 2022, people will be using many devices daily and connecting them seems like the most natural thing to do.
The process of doing so is easy. However, some device combination requires some effort. There are a few things that you might have to keep in mind while mirroring your device or a smooth functioning.
Steps to mirroring an Android phone to a mac:
- Open ‘Finder’ on your Mac
- Click ‘Application’ from the menu to the left
- Press ‘Command + A’ on the keyboard if the option is not visible
- Open ‘Utilities’
- Start the ‘Terminal’ app
- Select the command line and copy/paste it into the ‘Terminal’
- Press ‘Enter’ to execute it
- Once the installation is complete, install Android ADB tools
- Type in or copy/paste the following command below into the ‘Terminal’
- Press ‘Enter’ to execute
- Now install the ‘Scrcpy’ app
- Copy the code and paste it into the ‘Terminal’
- Press ‘Enter’
- Now wait for the installation to be completed
- To establish the connection between the devices, connect your Android device using a USB cable
- Tap on ‘Allow to continue’ once the notification appears
- In Mac Terminal, type the app name to launch it.
Steps to mirroring an Android phone to a Chromebook:
- Install ‘Reflector 3’ from the website on both android devices and your Chromebook
- Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network
- Start the app on both devices
- Tap the menu button in the top-left corner on the screen on Android
- Select ‘Cast Screen/Audio
- Now, you should see the list of available devices for mirroring
- Select Chromebook to proceed
Click here for IndiaToday.in’s complete coverage of the coronavirus pandemic.