New Version Of iOS DX7 Emulation
AudioKit Pro releases FM Player 2 with a host of new features 07/08/19
AudioKit Pro tells us that they have released FM Player 2: Classic DX7II for iPad. It’s the sequel to their FM Player app (released in 2017) that has been featured by Apple, played by Herbie Hancock, and downloaded by over a hundred thousand musicians worldwide.
FM Player 2 has been completely rewritten and now supports modern features like AUv3 plugin functionality, a sequencer, dual layers, and hundreds of hand-crafted new presets. The app features a new and powerful engine that has been released as open-source (developers can use it completely free – find it here).
• AUv3 – iOS Audio Unit Plugin support
• Vintage Arp & 16-Step Sequencer
• 150+ New Presets. 3x Presets, less space.
• Vintage Stereo Phaser Effect
• 1+ Gigabyte of sounds, compressed to under 200mb
• Vintage Chorus, Flanger, Amp Simulator, and more
• Dual layers per voice. Keyboard Splits. Morph between sounds.
• Full ADSR Envelopes for each Layer
• Tempo-sync controls & Ableton Link
• Mono glide & legato modes
• Space-saving Compression. Update saves 100mb+ storage
• 3 LFOs. LFOs can modify other LFOs
• Dual Independent Filters per layer
• Dozens of other upgrades and fixes
All proceeds from the app will go to support the AudioKit open-source projects including the iOS & Mac Audiokit Framework, Libraries, and AudioKit Synth One (which will always be free and open-source). All these tools are made available completely free to developers, students, and musicians.
Pricing and Availability:
Available now at the app store.
Regular Price: $7.99
Release: Special intro price of 99 cents from Aug 7th through 15th.
More From: AUDIOKIT PRO