Illinois News Today

Will Huawei Replace Android on Your Phone? New HarmonyOS Details – Illinois News Today

Mobile-Technology
Image credit: source

Huawei is rolling out HarmonyOS, a Shenzhen-based operating system developed by the company, on smartphones for the first time this week. The announcement took place at the launch event on June 2, where Huawei also announced the new smartwatch model Huawei Watch 3. So far, Harmony OS has booked for smartwatches, smart speakers, televisions and other lifestyle products. However, Huawei is making this software a full-fledged replacement for Google’s very popular Android operating system on mobile devices such as Google itself, Samsung, OnePlus, and LG. We are working hard to change.

Huawei is no longer able to use the version of Android designed by Google. This version comes with a number of Google-owned services and apps, including the Play Store, YouTube, Google Maps, and Gmail. Instead, Huawei is lagging behind in terms of functionality and must rely on the open source version of the software that the Google app is missing.

Huawei was blocked from relations with Google when President Donald J. Trump put the company on the U.S. trade blacklist (Huawei became the second largest smartphone maker on the planet in 2019, The aim was at the top) – All American companies banned trading with the Chinese government, fearing ties with the Chinese government. The ban meant that California-based US company Google would not be able to provide Android updates or features to Huawei branded gadgets.

Following the block, Huawei’s market share plummeted from 20% to 8.8% in just over a year after the ban came into force.

The latest IDC figures show that Android accounts for 85.4% of all smartphones shipped in 2019, and Apple’s iOS accounts for the remaining 14.6%. Huawei’s HarmonyOS, which is based on the open source version of Android, will continue to count as Android in these numbers.

It’s similar to Amazon’s FireOS. FireOS has its own branded tablet, but leverages Android under all its luster.

According to Huawei, HarmonyOS is a more efficient operating system. Work that requires 100 lines of Android code can now be done with a single line of HarmonyOS code. This makes HarmonyOS highly efficient on low-power devices such as in-vehicle infotainment systems that are as quiet as the latest flagship smartphones.

By deploying HarmonyOS on your smartphone, you can strengthen the cohesion between a wide range of devices. This allows for more interaction between Huawei smartphones and Huawei branded smart TVs. For example, you can swipe a video call answered on your smartphone to your smart TV to take advantage of the big screen. Transfer your call to your smart speaker and keep it going as you roam your home-jump seamlessly to the nearest speaker or HarmonyOS device at any time.

“HarmonyOS is designed to provide the adhesive that connects the growing number of connected devices Huawei is targeting,” commented Ben Wood, chief analyst at CCS Insights. .. Huawei wants to be able to follow Apple’s leadership by having a single software platform that spans all directions and providing a seamless experience for customers who purchase its product ecosystem. “

In the future, we expect HarmonyOS to become the default operating system that ships with Huawei’s latest smartphones and tablets.

If you already have a Huawei phone in your pocket, only Chinese owners will be able to download the HarmonyOS today. During today’s event, Huawei was tightly closed about the potential global launch of the operating system. The Huawei Mate 40 and Huawei P40 series are currently receiving updates in China. Huawei claims that running HarmonyOS improved both speed and battery life compared to its predecessor. However, to test it yourself, you have to wait until it drops in the UK.

Will Huawei Replace Android on Your Phone? New HarmonyOS Details

Source link Will Huawei Replace Android on Your Phone? New HarmonyOS Details

(Excerpt) Read more Here | 2021-06-08 11:22:07

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *